At Georgia Psychiatric Consultants, our focus is the medical management of mental disorders. With each new patient, we begin with a complete evaluation of any medical conditions, psychological factors, and other aspects of the patient’s life, to determine an accurate diagnosis and identify any factors that may be affecting the patient’s mental health. We then work with the patient and their family to develop a customized treatment plan to help them feel better and improve their quality of life. We then work closely with each patient’s psychotherapist, behavioral health care manager, and other physicians to achieve the best outcomes. We will continually review each patient’s treatment plan and provide new or additional treatment suggestions as needed. At Georgia Psychiatric Consultants, we provide individualized treatment for a full spectrum of mental disorders, including but not limited to:
- ADHD: Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is one of the most common childhood disorders and can continue through adolescence and adulthood.
- Eating Disorders: An eating disorder is an illness that causes abnormal or disturbed eating habits, such as eating extremely small amounts of food or severely overeating.
- Anxiety Disorders: Difficulty controlling anxiety may negatively affect day-to-day living, leading to a wide variety of anxiety disorders, compulsive behavior, and/or panic attacks. Anxiety disorders are among the most common mental disorders experienced by Americans.
- Schizophrenia: Schizophrenia is a chronic, severe, and disabling long-term mental disorder involving a breakdown in the relation between thought, emotion, and behavior.
- Alzheimer’s Disease: The most common cause of dementia among older people, Alzheimer’s disease is an irreversible, progressive brain disease that slowly destroys memory and thinking skills and eventually even the ability to carry out the simplest tasks of daily living.
- Depression: Depression is feelings of severe despondency and dejection that interfere with daily life and causes pain for both you and those who care about you.
- Bipolar Disorder: Bipolar disorder, also known as manic-depressive illness, is a brain disorder that causes unusual shifts in mood, energy, activity levels, and the ability to carry out day-to-day tasks.
If you or someone you love is in need of psychiatric care, or you simply wish to discuss your or your loved one’s symptoms, Georgia Psychiatric Consultants are here to help. To request an appointment, please call (678) 705-8166, email Appointment@gapsychconsultants.com, or fill out an online form https://gapsychconsultants.com/appointments/.